For this session of the Ask the Expert webinar series, representatives from the Los Angeles Case Assessment Management Program (CAMP) will share their strategies and lessons learned and will answer questions from participants about the program.
CAMP was created in 2005 under the Los Angeles Police Department’s Mental Evaluation Unit (MEU) to help identify, track, and develop individualized long-term intervention strategies to support community members who frequently come into contact with the MEU. The program uses a case management approach that pairs police detectives with psychologists, nurses, and social workers from the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health to provide needed services to clients.
- Matthew Barraza, Mental Health Clinical Supervisor, Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health – CAMP
- Nelly Mercado, Detective III, LAPD, Officer-in-Charge, CAMP
- Charles “Scott” Musgrove, PsyD, Clinical Psychologist II, Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- Mike Morris, Detective II, LAPD, Assistant Officer-in-Charge, CAMP
- Ethan Aaronson, Senior Policy Analyst, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center