The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) helps America’s state, local, and tribal jurisdictions reduce and prevent crime, lower recidivism, and promote a fair and safe criminal justice system. BJA provides a wide range of resources through programs and services, including training and technical assistance, to address chronic and emerging criminal justice challenges nationwide. Following are a sampling of available BJA resources that are specifically related to law enforcement matters:
Now Accepting Applications: Patrick Leahy Bulletproof Vest Partnership (BVP) Program
The fiscal year 2023 BVP Program application period is now open. All applications must be submitted online through the BVP application system by 6:00 p.m. ET on Monday, June 26, 2023.
Following are some of the BJA programs that focus on law enforcement and supporting officers:
- Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program
- Emmett Till Cold Case Investigations and Prosecution Program
- Law Enforcement Knowledge Lab
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety and Wellness
- Local Law Enforcement Crime Gun Intelligence Center Integration Initiative
- Mass Violence Advisory Initiative (MVAI)
- Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Program
- Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN)
- Public Safety Officers' Benefits (PSOB) Program
- Smart Policing Initiative (SPI)
- VALOR Officer Safety and Wellness Initiative
This page is updated regularly as new resources are released.