Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSSs) working in treatment courts are people with lived experience of behavioral health disorders and criminal justice involvement who are key members of the clinical team serving those participating in drug court and mental health court programs.
This webinar covers strategies for how to engage PRSSs in adult treatment courts to support people with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental disorders. Topics covered will include:
- training peers to work in treatment courts
- identifying key community partners for an effective peer mentoring program
- defining core activities of peers working in treatment courts
- the peer certification process
- oversight and management of peer programs
Real-life examples of successful implementation in the state of Oklahoma will be shared.