In this self-paced training, presenters discuss the concept of trauma-informed, resilience-oriented schools. This innovation encourages schools to infuse the values of safety, trust, choice, collaboration, empowerment, peer support, diversity and inclusion into their multi-tiered system of supports. This training contains three modules: Safe and Secure Environments for All, Addressing Implicit Bias in the Classroom, and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in the Classroom.
- Describe the components of a trauma-informed, resilience-oriented classroom
- Define the categories of safety
- Summarize the impact of implicit bias on academic outcomes
- Implement trauma-informed, resilience-oriented strategies to address educational disparities
- Adapt three methods of addressing behavioral concerns
This training is offered through the Bureau of Justice Assistance-supported National Center for School Safety.