Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2022, $359,825)
The goal of the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program in Minnesota is to increase the capacity to provide long-term substance abuse intervention to offenders. The subrecipient is the MN Department of Corrections (DOC), Lino Lakes RSAT program. This program offers substance abuse relapse prevention services for eligible release violators who have previously completed DOC primary treatment for substance use disorder and have been returned to prison on a technical violation involving substance abuse as well as other offenders that the show the need for the RSAT program. The RSAT program
1. offers a 90-120 day treatment program prioritizing release violators with an emphasis on relapse prevention and release/reintegration components.
2. expand relapse prevention and release planning services for offenders and implement individualized treatment plans tailored to release violators.
3. provide relapse prevention techniques using a cognitive-behavioral approach to self-management by teaching alternative responses to high risk situations.
4. provide enhanced release planning with each offender completing an individualized release plan.
5. provide a Mental Health CPT 4 position that will offer one on one sessions, group therapy, diagnostic assessments and case consultation to residential and intensive outpatient RSAT offenders.
Project will be coordinated through partnerships with existing substance use disorder treatment programs in state prison, DOC case managers, state and community corrections act county release supervisors, and numerous community resources.
Deliverables include providing enhanced treatment and release planning to approximately 60 release violators a year and submission of progress reports focusing on required Performance Measures.