Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications for funding to increase the capacity of state and local prosecution offices to address/close violent crime cold cases.
- State governments
- Special district governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- Other: State and local prosecuting agencies, law enforcement, state agencies, or local crime laboratories may partner with the agency that serves as the lead applicant for the award to work toward achieving the program goal of seeking resolution in violent crime cold cases. However, a prosecuting entity must be fully engaged in the project, either by the prosecuting entity being the lead applicant OR by the prosecuting entity providing a letter of support to demonstrate engagement in the project