Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding programs that support cross-system collaboration to improve public safety responses and outcomes for individuals with mental health disorders (MHDs) or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders (MHSUDs).
This solicitation is one of two solicitations available as part of the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program funding in FY 2023. For law enforcement-focused projects, see the separate FY 2023 Connect and Protect: Law Enforcement Behavioral Health Response Program solicitation.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- State governments
- Agencies with a different legal status (e.g., nonprofit or for-profit mental health agencies) are eligible to apply only if they meet two requirements:
- The applicant is designated by the state mental health authority to provide services as a unit of the state or local government.
- The applicant must attach documentation to support this designation.
See the solicitation for additional opportunity details and directions on how to apply.