Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance will provide funding to support comprehensive community-based approaches to addressing hate crimes that promote community awareness and preparedness, increase victim reporting, and improve responses to hate crimes. This program is also designed to develop community-informed models for responding to hate speech and incidents, as well as facilitating reconciliation and community healing.
- Category 1: Community-based Organizations
- Category 2: National Civil Rights Organizations
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- This includes community-based organizations and civil rights organizations that are tribal, nonprofit, and academic
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.
Number of Awards: 18
Total Amount Awarded: $8,247,183