The Office of Justice Programs (OJP) and the Department of Health and Human Services’ Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) have partnered to provide this webinar introducing correctional leaders and allied stakeholders to the opportunities available under the new Medicaid Reentry Section 1115 demonstration opportunity to support transition-related strategies, pre-release services, and community reentry.
Representatives from CMCS will provide an overview and walk through key considerations included in the new guidance released in April 2023. Given the critical role of corrections in the development and implementation of this demonstration opportunity, a representative from OJP's Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) will discuss the opportunities this presents for correctional leaders to increase pre-release planning and reentry services.
- Identify key opportunities for covering pre-release services under the demonstration opportunity and how the demonstration can support continuity of care for individuals with physical and behavioral health needs during reentry
- Highlight potential benefits from the demonstration opportunity, including for corrections agencies and for people incarcerated and reentering into the community.
- Nancy Kirchner, Technical Director, CMCS
- Ruby Qazilbash, Deputy Director, BJA
- Hallie Fader Towe, Interim Director, Behavioral Health, The Council of State Governments Justice Center