Many correctional facilities are releasing detainees early to reduce the impact of COVID-19 within their facilities. This presents unique challenges, including rapid increases in the number of individuals under community supervision, risks specific to early release, and barriers to effective treatment and recovery support services posed by the pandemic, particularly in rural communities.
This webinar will showcase state and local efforts to support the reentry process for this population during this challenging time. The session will share a holistic approach to mitigate the risks associated with early release and ensure access to evidence-based treatment and recovery support services as well as strategies to mitigate COVID-19 risks. The session will also highlight approaches that stakeholders have employed to overcome barriers to treatment and recovery support services and federal resources to aid re-entry.
This session will highlight the Trump Administration’s continued dedication to ensuring access to effective treatment and recovery support services. Scheduled speakers:
- Arthur Kleinschmidt, PhD, Deputy Director, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- LCDR L. Sheneé Toombs, PharmD, CPH, Policy Analyst, National Cocaine Coordination Group, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Mariel Lifshitz, MPH, Senior Advisor on Opioids, Substance Use, and Mental Health Policy, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice
- Ernie Fletcher, MD, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, The Fletcher Group
- Roxanne Elliott, MS, Policy Director, FirstHealth of the Carolinas
- Megan C. Fisher, LCAC, LMHCA, TTS, Director of Recovery Engagement, Porter-Starke Services, Inc.
- Betty-Ann Bryce, Special Advisor for Rural Affairs, National Opioids and Synthetics
Coordination Group, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Sophia Adamantiades, MA, MS, Public Health Analyst, Health Resources & Services
- Stephanie Bell, MSW, Senior Policy Advisor, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Nancy Kirchner, MSW, Health Insurance Specialist, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid