The National Association of Drug Court Professionals' Equity and Inclusion Toolkit recommends treatment courts conduct focus groups to better understand the experiences of staff, participants, and community members. In this webinar, participants will learn how to prepare, organize, and conduct a focus group.
By the end of the training session, team members will understand:
- Whom to invite, how many, and how to facilitate the discussion.
- The role of the facilitator and where to hold the focus group.
- How to record the discussion and what to expect from participants.
- How to formulate the discussion questions and length of time to hold the focus group.
- How to engage participants, analyze the discussion content, and obtain useful results.
Part of the Equity and Inclusion Training Series, this event is supported through a grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance.