Understanding the science of substance addiction is foundational to the treatment of substance use disorders. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is considered an evidence-based approach to treating people with opioid use disorders.
Participants in this webinar will gain a deeper understanding of addiction and how MAT can treat it, as well as how community-based reentry centers connect people to services after release from incarceration. Presenters will include national experts in addiction medicine, a representative from a community-based organization that is implementing MAT, and someone with lived experience of using MAT. Panelists will discuss the impact MAT can have reentry and how programs can effectively use these services to improve criminal justice and behavioral health outcomes.
- Alexandria Hawkins, Policy Analyst, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center (moderator)
- Kevin Warwick, President, Alternative Solutions Associates (moderator, presenter)
- Dr. Kelly Ramsey, Associate Chief of Addiction Medicine, New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (panelist)
- Misty Bowen, PhD, LICSW, Assistant Director of Substance Abuse, Altapointe Health (panelist)
- Charity Renn, Program Project Specialist, Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (panelist)