This webinar will focus on the ways in which states and local corrections agencies can prepare for the reinstatement of eligibility for Pell Grants, which will take effect on July 1, 2023. Hosted by the Vera Institute of Justice, the webinar will feature federal agency leadership, as well as showcase the ways in which a Bureau of Justice Assistance Second Chance Act grantee, the Georgia Coalition for Higher Education in Prison, and the Georgia Department of Corrections are preparing for reinstatement in their state.
- Sean Addie, Director of Correctional Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Patrick Rodriguez, Co-Director, Georgia Coalition for Higher Education in Prison
- Jay Sanders, Assistant Commissioner, Inmate Services, Georgia Department of Corrections
- Belinda Wheeler, Senior Program Associate, Vera Institute of Justice
- Andre Bethea, Bureau of Justice Assistance