This VALOR training provides officers at all levels with the essentials to survive and thrive in their careers by stressing the importance of being physically and mentally prepared, maintaining situational awareness, combating complacency, and remaining vigilant.
Hear from law enforcement experts on:
- Causes of officer assaults, injuries, and deaths
- Safety and preparedness mindset
- Physical health
- Officer-citizen encounters
- Mitigating stress
- Weapon concealment
- Intentional wellness mindset
- Surviving an assault
- Casualty care and rescue tactics
- Personal protective factors
- Deaths not associated with assaults
- Vehicle safety
- Officer survivor story
Additional topics covered throughout the course include professionalism, leadership, and critical decision-making.
This training is primarily for state, local, and tribal officers. However, federal law enforcement officers may be admitted on a space-available basis.