This VALOR training provides officers at all levels with the essentials to survive and thrive by stressing the importance of being physically and mentally prepared, maintaining situational awareness, combating complacency, and remaining vigilant.
During the training, hear from law enforcement experts on:
- Causes of officer assaults, injuries, and deaths
- Safety and preparedness mind-set
- Physical health
- Officer-citizen encounters
- Mitigating stress
- Weapon concealment
- Intentional wellness mind-set
- Surviving an assault
- Casualty care and rescue tactics
- Personal protective factors
- Deaths not associated with assaults
- Vehicle safety
- Officer survivor story
This training is only open to currently sworn law enforcement officers.