Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2022, $970,757)
The Craven County Sheriff’s Office, a unit of local government in New Bern, North Carolina. New Bern is a rural area in Eastern North Carolina and is requesting $970,757 under Category 1b of the COSSAP solicitation. Working with community partners, The Craven County Sherriff’s Office proposes to provide jail-based and re-entry programs to:
1. Expand or enhance pre-booking or post-booking treatment or intervention programs that serve individuals at high risk for overdose or substance abuse.
2. Expand or enhance embedding social workers, peers, and/or persons with lived experience at any intercept of the Sequential Intercept Model to assist persons in the criminal justice system and their families navigate the justice system and increase their connection to treatment and recovery support services (66% of the budget).
3. Expand and enhance evidence-based treatment and recovery support services including transitional or recovery housing (15% of the budget), transportation (7% of the budget), and peer recovery support services (12% of the budget).
Funding from this grant will increase access to behavioral health treatment and services, improve linkage to peer specialists and recovery support, and provide transitional recovery housing to the most vulnerable individuals leaving the Craven County Jail.
Craven County is seeking priority consideration under 1A. The applicable page numbers for the details of priority consideration are 11-12.
- Webb County Sheriff's Office FY 2023 SCAAP Grant Application
- Martin County Sheriff's Office, Department of Corrections is requesting funding to offset the costs due to the incarceration of undocumented criminal aliens held within the corrections facility.
- Newton County Sheriff's Office FY23 SCAAP Program