This program provides financial and technical assistance to states, state courts, local courts, units of local government, and federally recognized Indian tribal governments to implement and enhance the operations of adult drug courts and veterans treatment courts.
These courts effectively integrate evidence-based substance abuse treatment, random drug testing, equitable sanctions and incentives, and transitional services in judicially supervised court settings with jurisdiction over offenders to reduce recidivism, substance abuse, and prevent overdoses.
For the purposes of this solicitation, an adult “drug court” is defined as a court program managed by a multidisciplinary team that responds to the offenses and treatment needs of participants who are diagnosed with a substance use disorder. This definition explicitly excludes drug offenders who have committed acts of violence.
- The close date was extended to Monday, June 1, 2020.
- The following four categories were created:
- Category 1 - Focuses on the implementation of new VTCs.
- Category 2 - Focuses on enhancing existing VTCs.
- Category 3 - Provides funding for implementation of new drug courts and/or enhancing drug courts.
- Category 4 - Supports statewide efforts to enhance or expand services for ADCs or VTCs.