The RSAT for State Prisoners Program assists states with developing and implementing residential substance abuse treatment programs within state correctional facilities, as well as within local correctional and detention facilities, in which inmates are incarcerated for a period of time sufficient to permit substance abuse treatment. The program encourages the establishment and maintenance of drug-free prisons and jails and developing and implementing specialized residential substance abuse treatment programs that identify and provide appropriate treatment to inmates with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders or challenges.
RSAT’s objectives are to:
- Enhance the capabilities of states and units of local and tribal governments to provide residential substance abuse treatment for incarcerated inmates.
- Prepare individuals for reintegration into communities.
- Assist individuals and communities through the reentry process by delivering community-based treatment and other broad-based aftercare services.
- FY 2020 Implementing the PREA Standards, Protecting Inmates, and Safeguarding Communities
- FY 2020 Intellectual Property Enforcement Program: Protecting Public Health, Safety, and the Economy from Counterfeit Goods and Product Piracy
- FY 2020 Northern and Middle States Rural Law Enforcement Training and Technical Assistance Grant Program