The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) is seeking applications for funding to improve public safety and victim services in tribal communities. The Coordination Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS) provides federally recognized tribes and tribal consortia an opportunity to apply for funding to aid in developing a comprehensive and coordinated approach to public safety and victimization.
The majority of DOJ’s existing tribal government-specific programs are included in and available through CTAS and are referred to as purpose areas (PA). Below is a list of the seven purpose areas and their components (note: PAs 5 and 7 are officially retired from CTAS):
- PA #1: Public Safety and Community Policing (COPS Office)
- PA #2: Comprehensive Tribal Justice Systems Strategic Planning (BJA, COPS Office, OJJDP, OVC)
- PA #3: Tribal Justice Systems Program (BJA)
- PA #4: Tribal Justice System Infrastructure Program (BJA)
- PA #6: Children’s Justice Act Partnerships for Indian Communities (OVC)
- PA #8: Juvenile Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts (OJJDP)
- PA #9: Tribal Youth Program (OJJDP)
Access answers to frequently asked questions associated with this opportunity.
The Department of Justice will host several webinars to provide helpful information about the FY 2022 CTAS opportunity:
- CTAS Overview: January 6, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- JustGrants and Submitting an Application: January 12, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Budget Development: January 13, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Purpose Areas 2, 3, 4 (BJA): January 18, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Purpose Area 1 (COPS): January 19, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Purpose Area 6 (OVC): January 25, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Tips for Successful Applications for Alaska & Rural Communities: January 25, 2022, 3 p.m. ET
- Purpose Areas 8 and 9 (OJJDP): January 27, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Budget Worksheet Completion: February 17, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Application Checklist and Final Q&A: February 22, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
Visit the Department of Justice site for templates, legal documents, and more about the FY 2022 CTAS opportunity.
JustGrants deadline extended to 3/22/2022.