Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding to support cross-system collaboration to improve public safety responses and outcomes for individuals with mental health disorders or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders who come into contact with the justice system.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- State governments
- Agencies with a different legal status (e.g., nonprofit or for-profit mental health agencies) are eligible to apply only if they also have been designated as a state agency or unit of local government to provide services.
On May 19, 2022, BJA and Council of State Governments Justice Center hosted a webinar to provide information about this opportunity.
Number of Awards: 27
Total Amount Awarded: $12,476,874