Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding to prevent violence in a K-12 school setting. This program supports and assists county, local, territorial, and tribal jurisdictions in improving efforts to reduce violent crime in and around schools.
- Category 1:
- State governments
- Public and state-controlled institutions of higher education
- Category 2:
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Units of local governments
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Independent school districts
On April 27, 2022, the National Center for School Safety, Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention co-hosted a webinar to provide information about the FY 2022 STOP School Violence solicitations. View a recording of and transcript from the webinar.
JustGrants deadline/closing date changed from June 20 to June 21, 2022.