Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding to the Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions (ROL/WCR) Site-based Program. This program supports efforts by wrongful conviction review entities that represent individuals with post-conviction claims of innocence to review individual cases.
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- County, state, or local public defender offices that have in-house post-conviction representation programs that show demonstrable experience and competence in litigating post-conviction claims of innocence. If the applicant is not a WCR entity, they must be partnered with one.
Number of Awards: 14
Total Amount Awarded: $6,699,465