Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications for funding to develop, implement, or expand comprehensive programs in response to the overdose crisis and impacts of illicit opioids, stimulants, or other substances. This program provides resources to support state, local, tribal, and territorial efforts to respond to illicit substance use and misuse; reduce overdose deaths; promote public safety; and support access to prevention, harm-reduction, treatment, and recovery services in the community and justice system.
- Category 1: Local or Tribal Applications
- City or township governments
- County governments
- City, township, or county governments in rural areas (as defined in solicitation)
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- Category 2: State Applications
- State governments
On May 17, 2022, at 1 p.m. ET, the BJA and the COSSAP Resource Center will host the following webinar: FY 2022 COSSAP Funding Opportunities for Tribes. Register to participate.
On May 12, 2022, the BJA and the COSSAP Resource Center hosted a webinar to provide information about the FY 2022 opportunity. Webinar materials are now available: