With this solicitation, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks proposals to strengthen the medical examiner-coroner (ME/C) system in the United States. Through this program, BJA will support grants in two purpose areas by:
- Supporting forensic pathology fellowships.
- Providing resources necessary for medical examiner and coroner offices to achieve and maintain accreditation.
Note: Proposals are expected to clearly identify the purpose area to which they are applying. If applicants are requesting funds from both purpose areas, a separate application must be submitted for each purpose area.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- State governments
- Other: Certain qualified individuals
View answers to frequently asked questions associated with this FY 2022 opportunity.
Number of Awards: 13
Total Amount Awarded: $2,040,695