With this solicitation, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks to provide grant funding to support the prosecution of violent crime cold cases where a DNA profile from a known or unknown suspect has been identified. Provided that a DNA profile attributed to a known or unknown suspect has been identified, this funding also supports investigative activities as well as crime and forensic analyses that could lead to prosecuting violent crime cold cases.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments)
- Special district governments
- State governments
- State and local prosecuting agencies
- Law enforcement
- State agencies
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.