Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance will provide funding to support comprehensive community-based approaches to addressing hate crimes that promote community awareness and preparedness, increase victim reporting, and improve responses to hate crimes. This program is also designed to develop community-informed models for responding to hate speech and incidents, as well as facilitating reconciliation and community healing.
- Category 1: Community-based Organizations
- Category 2: National Civil Rights Organizations
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- This includes community-based organizations and civil rights organizations that are tribal, nonprofit, and academic
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.