With this solicitation, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications to fund a training and technical assistance provider to work in partnership with five states, local, and/or tribal criminal justice agencies or systems to address the use of fines and fees and ensure they are being imposed in a constitutional and nondiscriminatory way. The provider will work with sites to address common barriers to creating a more equitable justice system by addressing how sites use and apply fines and fees.
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
On May 23, 2023, BJA personnel hosted a webinar to provide details about this opportunity and answer questions. Webinar materials will be posted when available.
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.