With this solicitation, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications to fund a training and technical assistance provider to work in partnership with five states, local, and/or tribal criminal justice agencies or systems to address the use of fines and fees and ensure they are being imposed in a constitutional and nondiscriminatory way. The provider will work with sites to address common barriers to creating a more equitable justice system by addressing how sites use and apply fines and fees.
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- Small business
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.
Number of Awards: 1
Total Amount Awarded: $2,500,000