With this solicitation, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications for funding to support prisons and state correctional agencies’ efforts to transform their cultures, climates, and physical spaces to create and sustain safe, humane, and effective environments for people who work, visit, and are incarcerated in them.
- Category 1: Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Provider
- Category 2: Website Development
In Category 1, BJA seeks to fund a TTA provider to help prisons and state correctional agencies assess and transform their culture, climate, and spaces to improve outcomes including staff recruitment, training, retention, and wellness; the design of spaces and the structure of people’s time to prepare them for reintegration into their communities; and strategies that will promote and sustain these changes.
In Category 2, BJA seeks to fund a provider who will develop, manage, and promote a website with curated resources that will advance knowledge around prison operations. This website will be a landing space for resources developed under Category 1 as well as other BJA-supported work including Officer Safety and Wellness, Corrections Data Analysis, and Restrictive Housing Reform Implementation Assistance.
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- Small business
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.
Number of Awards: 3
Total Amount Awarded: $3,500,000