With this solicitation, BJA seeks to fund six national in scope training and technical assistance efforts to support law enforcement and criminal justice stakeholders in key criminal justice operations.
This solicitation contains six separate categories. Each category is seeking applications for a separate national initiative. Applicants can apply to more than one category but must submit a separate, complete application for each.
- Category 1: Smart Policing Initiative National Training and Technical Assistance Program
- Category 2: Rural and Small Department Violent Crime Reduction Training and Technical Assistance
- Category 3: De-escalation and Crisis Intervention Model Training Curriculum Development Initiative
- Category 4: Violent Crime Reduction Playbook
- Category 5: Virtual Reality De-escalation Training and Technical Assistance Initiative
- Category 6: Mass Violence Advisory Initiative
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- Small businesses