The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) has awarded nearly $700,000 to launch the Comprehensive Secure and Responsible Drug Disposal Program. This program will help eight jurisdictions across the country purchase drug disposal and collection equipment, and complements existing federal take-back efforts, such as the Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, which is Saturday, April 24, 2021.
The awardees and award amounts are as follows:
- Indiana Department of Health: $100,000
- Morrison County Sheriff's Department (MN): $100,000
- Clark County Sheriff's Office (OH): $94,898
- Cuyahoga Falls Police Department (OH): $99,774
- Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control: $99,980
- Orangeburg Department of Public Safety (SC): $16,490
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Dangerous Drugs Task Force: $100,000
- Wisconsin Department of Justice: $63,755
This initiative is funded by BJA’s Comprehensive Opioid, Stimulant, and Substance Abuse Program. View the press release to learn more.