Justice for Vets (JFV), in collaboration with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, has developed a Veterans Treatment Court Innovations Program. Through the Veterans Treatment Court Innovations Program solicitation, JFV seeks applications to implement and enhance veterans treatment court services to ensure that programs are conducting and using validated risk and need assessment tools to determine eligibility, program track placement, supervision, and treatment program assignment and dosage.
The objectives of the program are to assist veterans treatment court programs to:
- Build and maximize capacity.
- Ensure veterans treatment court participants are identified and assessed for risk and need.
- Ensure veterans treatment court participants receive targeted research-based services.
- Enhance the provision of recovery support services.
- Ensure the provision of community reintegration services to achieve long-term recovery.
- Assist in collecting and reporting on performance measures and identifying and explaining trends.
View the solicitation to learn more about the opportunity and how to apply for consideration. The application deadline is January 31, 2024, at 5 p.m. ET.