The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently updated their Interim Guidance on Management of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Correctional and Detention Facilities.
This document provides guidance specific for correctional and detention facilities regarding COVID-19 and consolidates previous CDC corrections-specific guidance documents. The updated guidance is based on what is currently known about the transmission and severity of COVID-19 as of February 10, 2022.
The guidance includes detailed recommendations on the following topics:
- Strategies for applying and sustaining COVID-19 prevention measures in correctional and detention facilities based on local data
- Infection prevention and control
- Testing considerations
- Medical isolation and quarantine
- Medication for prevention of severe COVID-19 disease
- Considerations for reentry programming
View the updated Interim Guidance on Management of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Correctional and Detention Facilities for details.