Join as members of Department of Justice leadership kick off The National Community Based Violence Intervention and Prevention Initiative Resource and Field Support Center (National CVIPI Center) in a webinar on February 12, 2024, at 1 p.m. ET. The National CVIPI Center will serve as a resource hub for individuals, organizations, and municipalities interested in planning, implementing, or expanding community violence intervention (CVI) approaches to prevent and disrupt cycles of violence and retaliation.
This kickoff webinar, featuring experts in the CVI field, will offer foundational guidance defining CVI, provide a brief history of this work, highlight its unique focus on the people, places and partnerships required to maintain and sustain effective CVI efforts, promote evidence-based and promising approaches being used in the field, and describe where this work is heading. Presenters will also describe opportunities for engagement and technical assistance support through the National CVIPI Center.
- Amy L. Solomon, Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs
- Eddie Bocanegra, Senior Advisor, Office of the Assistant Attorney General
- R. Brent Decker, Chief Program Officer, Cure Violence Global
- James Timpson, Managing Director, Community Violence Initiatives, Roca Impact Institute
- Dr. Shani Buggs, Violence Prevention Research Program, UC Davis
- James Stark, Senior Program Officer, LISC Safety & Justice (Moderator)