The Office of Justice Programs has posted a press release which highlights recent grants awarded through BJA's Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program. The grantees highlighted are:
- Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority: $19,956,148
- Executive Office of the State of Kansas: $6,061,106
- Montana Board of Crime Control: $3,457,033
- Ohio Office of Criminal Justice Services: $15,954,497
- Oklahoma District Attorneys Council: $7,752,847
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency: $17,628,002
- South Dakota Office of the...
The Role of Technology in the Strategies for Policing Innovation Program: Challenges, Solutions, and Lessons Learned -- Software Edition
The emergency domestic violence shelter run by the YWCA in Lucas County, Ohio, can provide safe housing for up to 46 people. On any given day, the shelter is generally at or over capacity.
“When somebody leaves, somebody else is coming in,” according to Sandee Quarles, Coordinator of Support Services at the shelter.
For more than 37 years, the shelter has provided refuge for...
When Cuyahoga County, Ohio, embarked on the testing of nearly 7,000 backlogged sexual assault kits (SAKs) in early 2013, metaphors from Greek and Roman mythology abounded in the Cleveland media coverage – 'Herculean task' and 'Pandora's box' chief among them.
Five years on, now that the backlog has been largely cleared, the sense of dread associated with those words has been replaced by one of...