This webinar will provide details for potential applicants to the FY 2023 Office of Justice Programs Community Based Violence Intervention and Prevention Initiative (CVIPI) solicitation. The presenter will discuss the purpose and goals of this funding opportunity, review its eligibility requirements, and address frequently asked questions.
CVIPI supports efforts to address gang and gun violence, based on partnerships among community residents, local government agencies, victim service providers, community-based organizations, law enforcement, hospitals, researchers, and other community stakeholders. Through the CVIPI opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance, in coordination with the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and the Office for Victims of Crime, seeks applications for funding to prevent and reduce violent crime in communities by supporting comprehensive, evidence-based violence intervention and prevention programs.
Live captioning will be available.
- Eddie Bocanegra, Senior Advisor, Office of the Assistant Attorney General
- Katharine Browning, Senior Policy Advisor, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Tenzing Lahdon, Senior Policy Advisor, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Sharron Fletcher, Lead Victim Justice Specialist, Office for Victims of Crime
- Scott Pestridge, Senior Program Manager, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Curtis Cannon, Program Manager, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Jennifer Grotpeter, Senior Science Research Analyst, National Institute of Justice