Grants.gov Deadline: June 14, 2021, 11:59 p.m. ET
JustGrants Application Deadline: June 28, 2021, 11:59 p.m. ET
This program provides funding for agencies to gain insight into the scope of unanalyzed sexual assault kits (SAKs) and for managing the status of the workflow of SAKs.
Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications from eligible agencies that will inventory, track, and report the status of SAKs. As an integral part of these activities, applicants also are expected to identify and prioritize (for testing) SAKs for which prosecution of a perpetrator is soon to be barred by the expiration of an applicable statute of limitations.
This program will help defray costs associated with the following three tasks, as defined for purposes of this program:
- Task 1: Inventory. The term “inventory” refers to a detailed and descriptive list of articles or items (for purposes of this solicitation, SAKs) containing information such as, but not limited to, item identifiers, quantity, and location of the item.
- Task 2: Tracking. The term “tracking” refers to the monitoring and accounting of SAKs through the course, or path, of their movement from collection through final disposition.
- Task 3: Reporting. The term “reporting” refers to the task of delivering a written report to the appropriate entity within the prescribed time period and with the applicable data provided. See below for reporting requirements.
Grants.gov and JustGrants deadlines extended.
- FY 2022 DNA Capacity Enhancement for Backlog Reduction (CEBR) Program (Formula)
- FY 2022 National Initiatives – Justice for All: Effective Administration of Criminal Justice Training and Technical Assistance Program
- FY 2022 National Training and Technical Assistance: Capital Case Litigation Initiative