Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for the Officer Robert Wilson III Preventing Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers and Ensuring Officer Resilience and Survivability (VALOR) Initiative.
The VALOR program is an effort to improve the immediate and long-term safety, wellness, and resilience of our Nation’s law enforcement officers. Through a multifaceted approach that includes various programs to deliver no-cost training (professional education), conduct research, develop and provide resources, and establish partnerships that benefit law enforcement officers, the VALOR Initiative provides our law enforcement with innovative, useful, and valuable resources and skills.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- State governments