Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding reentry services and programs focused on strengthening education and employment outcomes for individuals returning from incarceration.
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- State governments
Number of Awards: 26
Total Amount Awarded: $23,323,392
(C-BREES) Community Based Reentry Education and Employment Services for Currently and Formerly Incarcerated Women
Alameda County (California) Sheriff’s Office – Reentry Educational Vocational and Mentoring Program (REVAMP) [was Sheriff Ahern’s Vocational Job Training Program at Santa Rita Jail (SRJ) Improving Employment Services and Connections in grants.gov]
Georgia Pathways to Campus: Developing Pre- to Post-Release Support at Georgia State Universities and Technical Colleges
Improving ReEntry Outcomes Through Community PartnershipThis program will partner the local jail, community supervision, local vocational training to target incarcerated persons with job readiness.
Increase capacity to deliver educational and vocational training to incarcerated adults with special focus on access to persons not housed in general population.
Increasing Access to Higher Education in Prisons: Online B.A. Program in Applied Psychology at Big Muddy River Correctional Facility
PIVOT Baltimore: Women's Reentry Workforce Development Program & EvaluationAn established program, culturally specific to Black women that has been demonstrated effective
Project Return, Inc. seeks to improve employment services and connections to empower more successful new beginnings for Tennesseans returning to community from incarceration.
The Re-Entry Career Training (RECT) Program This program will expand vocational, employment, and life-skills training to incarcerated men and women, provide a unified source of transitional services.
- FY 2022 STOP School Violence Specialized Training and Technical Assistance Program
- FY 2022 The Kevin and Avonte Program: Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental Disabilities
- FY 2022 Preventing Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers and Ensuring Officer Resilience and Survivability (VALOR) Initiative