Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding under five separate training and technical assistance (TTA) categories for multiple justice and mental health programs to deliver site-based, program-specific TTA and broader TTA for the field.
Each category is seeking applications for a separate national initiative. Applicants can apply to more than one category but must submit a separate, complete application for each.
- Category 1 seeks applications to provide TTA for the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program (JMHCP) site-based grantees and state/local-based capacity building for jails, prosecutors, courts, and corrections.
- Category 2 seeks applications to provide TTA for Connect and Protect: Law Enforcement Behavioral Health Responses (Connect and Protect) site-based grantees.
- Category 3 seeks applications to provide TTA to Enhance Law Enforcement Services for Improved Agency Operations, Policies, and Response to People with MHDs/MHSUDs: Supporting state/local capacity building for jurisdictions and the field.
- Category 4 seeks applications to provide TTA for Crisis Response and Intervention Training (Crisis Response) site-based grantees.
- Category 5 seeks applications to provide TTA for Kevin and Avonte: Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental Disabilities (Kevin and Avonte) site-based grantees.
- Public and state-controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
Number of Awards: 4
Total Amount Awarded: $8,410,000