Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications for funding to provide training and technical assistance to support the Byrne State Crisis Intervention Program (Byrne SCIP).
This solicitation seeks three training and technical assistance providers to support grantees selected through a companion solicitation, BJA FY 2022 - 2023 Byrne State Crisis Intervention Program (SCIP) Formula Solicitation, which provides funding to states and subrecipients for the creation and/or implementation of state crisis intervention court proceedings, extreme risk protection order programs, and related gun violence reduction programs/initiatives.
This solicitation contains three separate categories. Applicants may apply to more than one category but must submit a
separate, complete application for each.
- Category 1: Developing and Supporting Extreme Risk Protection Order Programs
- Category 2: Supporting State, Local, and Tribal Courts Implementing Safer Communities
- Category 3: Implementing Safer Communities Training and Technical Assistance
- National nonprofit organizations
- For-profit (commercial) organizations (including tribal nonprofit or for-profit organizations)
- Institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education) that have expertise and experience in managing training and technical assistance (TTA) for evidence-based criminal justice programs
On December 9, 2022, at 1 p.m. ET, Bureau of Justice Assistance personnel will host a webinar providing additional information and details about this opportunity and will be available to answer questions from webinar participants. Register to participate in the webinar.