Through this opportunity, BJA seeks applications for funding to plan, implement, and enhance substance use treatment courts, including service coordination, management of treatment court participants, fidelity to the model, and recovery support services.
This solicitation offers the following three grant categories:
- Category 1: Planning and Implementation
- Category 2: Enhancement
- Category 3: Statewide
For Category 1 and Category 2, the following entities are eligible to apply:
- State governments
- Special district governments
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Other: Public or private entities acting on behalf of a single treatment court through agreement with state, city, township, county, or tribal governments
For Category 3, the following entities are eligible to apply:
- State agencies such as the State Administering Agency, the Administrative Office of the Courts, and the State Substance Abuse Agency
- State criminal justice agencies and other state agencies involved with the provision of substance use and/or mental health services, or related services
Find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) in the following resources:
On March 2, 2023, the National Association of Drug Court Professionals and National Drug Court Resource Center co-hosted a webinar on how to prepare a competitive grant proposal narrative and budget for this and the FY 2023 Veterans Treatment Court Discretionary Grant Program solicitations. Webinar materials will be added when available.
On February 15, 2023, BJA held a webinar to provide a detailed overview of this opportunity and answer questions. Additionally, on February 23, 2023, BJA and the Tribal Law and Policy Institute hosted a webinar about this opportunity.
- Watch the February 15 webinar recording