This opportunity seeks applications for grant funds from state, local, and tribal law enforcement and correctional entities to develop and implement crisis response training programs. This program supports partnerships with mental health, substance use disorder, and community service agencies to improve appropriate and effective responses to individuals in crisis who have behavioral health conditions, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, or physical disabilities and to achieve safe outcomes for all individuals in the community.
- Category 1: Implement Training Program for Law Enforcement Officers, Law Enforcement Agencies, and Sheriff's Departments (Patrol-Based)
- Category 2: Training Program for Correctional Officers, Probation and Parole, and Sheriff's Department (Facility-Based)
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- State governments
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education with on-campus police departments
On March 29, 2023, at 3 p.m. ET, Bureau of Justice Assistance personnel will host a webinar to provide details about this opportunity and how to apply. Register to participate.
See the solicitation for additional opportunity and eligibility details, as well as directions on how to apply.