The Crime and Justice Institute at Community Resources for Justice and the Council of State Governments Justice Center provide intensive training and technical assistance to the state-level Justice Reinvestment Initiative (JRI) program. In this role, they:
- Collect data that is often siloed and under-analyzed to spotlight the most pressing trends and drivers of crime, recidivism, and costs;
- Meet with a range of stakeholders and assess statutes, policies, and current practices;
- Develop and deliver findings and recommendations to state leaders and stakeholders and build consensus around the best solutions for the state;
- Help agencies effectively implement new criminal justice policies and innovative and evidence-based practices once changes are adopted; and
- Establish an ongoing data monitoring process.
CNA provides training and technical assistance to the site-based program. In this role, they:
- Provide ongoing, comprehensive assistance to JRI site-based grantees to ensure the successful implementation of their projects.
- Develop materials to document grantee experiences and outcomes.
The Urban Institute serves as the oversight, coordination, and assessment provider for the state-level program. In this role, they:
- Provide logistical and substantive support for the Justice Reinvestments Steering Committee, composed of funding partners and TA providers.
- Assess and document JRI activities and outcomes, including state-level JRI efforts, site-based efforts, and JRI subawards made by TA providers.