BJA partners with the University of North Dakota Tribal Judicial Institute (UND TJI) and Nisqually Construction to provide technical assistance (TA) for TJSIP, CTAS Purpose Area 4 grant recipients. UND TJI focuses on operational planning activities such as operational programming, operational budgeting, staffing assessment, and project feasibility. Nisqually Construction provides construction management technical assistance services.
TTA activities include project management technical assistance, including bidding, design, and construction; National Environmental Policy Act assistance; and review of construction/renovation budgets, delivery approach, schedules, contractor selections, contract agreements, invoicing, progress, and construction closeout. TA services can be provided on site, by telephone, and/or through webinars. See the Training and Technical Assistance section of the Tribal Justice and Safety site to learn more about DOJ’s TTA offerings.
See the Native American and Alaskan Technical Assistance Project (NAATAP) Project Guides:
- Adult Correctional Facility Design Resources
- Alternatives to Incarceration of Offenders
- Assessment of Project Status & Technical Assistance Needs
- Best Practices--In-Custody Programs for Juveniles and Adults
- Design Review
- Existing Facility Evaluations
- Juvenile Facility Design
- Objective Classification Analysis
- Population Profiles, Population Projections and Bed Needs Projections
- Selecting an Architect--Developing RFQs and RFPs
- Site Selection
- The NEPA Land Use Process for Proposed Development of Correctional Facilities in Indian Country
- Tribal Justice System Assessment