In fiscal year 2020, several funding programs moved from the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) to the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). They are:
- DNA Capacity Enhancement for Backlog Reduction (CEBR) Program – Formula
- Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program (Competitive and Formula)
- Postconviction Testing of DNA Evidence
- Prosecuting Cold Cases using DNA Technology
- Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence - Inventory, Tracking, and Reporting Program (SAFE-ITR)
- Strengthening the Medical Examiner-Coroner System Program
BJA also oversees the following additional programs related to forensic science:
To learn about programs and funding opportunities related to forensic science research, visit the NIJ website.
Watch the recording of a May 5, 2020, webinar to learn more about these programs.