Analyst Professional Development Road Map
New Release: The Analyst Professional Development Road Map, developed by the Criminal Intelligence Coordinating Council , Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative in conjunction with the Bureau of Justice Assistance and U.S. Department of Homeland Security, creates a sustainable, professional career path for analysts operating within federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial organizations.
Committing to Change
The FBI’s transition of the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program from the Summary Reporting System to the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) is establishing a broader baseline that more precisely captures the occurrence of crime. Law enforcement agencies committed to NIBRS are equipping their communities for more informed conversations about crime.
Fentanyl Safety Recommendations for First Responders
Offering actions that first responders can take to protect themselves from exposure; when exposure occurs; and when they or their partners exhibit signs of intoxication.
Fusion Center Privacy, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties Policy Development Template, Version 3.0
This template will:
- Assist fusion center personnel in developing privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties policies (P/CRCL).
- Help fusion centers comply with DHS guidelines, ISE privacy guidelines, and NSI requirements.
- Support fusion center personnel in updating their centers’ existing P/CRCL policies.
Refreshed Training: 28 CFR Part 23 Now Available
A refreshed version of BJA’s Criminal Intelligence Systems Operating Policies 28 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 23 (28 CFR Part 23) Online Training Program is now available, offering new features and enhanced functionality. Access is available through the secure websites of the Regional Information Sharing Systems (RISS), the FBI’s Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP), or through your agency’s existing preauthorization code.
Five in 5
The Criminal intelligence Coordinating Council’s (CICC) Five in 5 is a snapshot of law enforcement and criminal intelligence-related articles, resources, and research that may be of interest to CICC members and partners working to improve the nation’s ability to develop and share criminal intelligence. Click the link below to read the latest edition or view the archives.
- ...find free training on the Global Reference Architecture (GRA)?
- ...find information on BJA Crime Analysis Consortium Resources?
- ...find information on fusion centers?
- ...find information on Privacy and Civil Liberties Protection?
- ...find information on the Global Standards Package?
- ...find information on the National Information Exchange Model?
- Improving Information Sharing and Training for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Law Enforcement on Matters of National Security and Homeland Security
- Real-Time and Open Source Analysis (ROSA) Resource Guide
- License Plate Reader Policy Development Template for Use in Intelligence and Investigative Activities