FY 2023 Project Safe Neighborhoods Formula Grant Program
- Grants.gov Deadline: April 4, 2023, 8:59 p.m. ET
- Application JustGrants Deadline: April 11, 2023, 8:59 p.m. ET
- Access the recording and materials from a webinar that took place on March 9, 2023
See the Archives page for access to past opportunity details.
Eligible applicants for funding through the Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN) program are PSN team fiscal agents for the federal judicial districts. All fiscal agents must be certified by the relevant United States Attorney's Office (USAO). Eligible USAO-certified fiscal agents include states, units of local government, educational institutions, faith-based and other community organizations, private nonprofit organizations, and federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior).
See U.S. Attorney Certification Process for the Fiscal Agent and Subrecipients for details on the fiscal agent certification process. BJA recommends that districts select their current PSN fiscal agent, or consider using the State Administering Agency (SAA) for DOJ funding because SAAs can better leverage state resources to assist in the implementation of the district's PSN initiative. SAAs have experience in administering competitive funding processes and have established policies and procedures to manage and monitor grant subawards. Visit the OJP site for a list of SAAs.
See the following websites and resources for additional information and assistance regarding PSN and the PSN opportunity:
- Budget Detail Worksheet
- Department of Justice Grants Financial Guide
- Justice Grants (JustGrants) Website
- Office of Justice Programs Funding Resource Center
- Office of Justice Programs State Administering Agencies (SAA)
- Project Safe Neighborhoods Strategic Action Plan Template
- Project Safe Neighborhoods Tool Kit (note that this site is only accessible to U.S. Attorneys)
- U.S. Attorney Certification Process for the Fiscal Agent and Subrecipients